Aqua Natal Yoga and Progressive Swimming classes for babies and toddlers.
Turtle Tots East Berks & South Bucks
Hi there, my name is Jodi and I run Turtle Tots East Berks and South Bucks. Let me tell you a little about myself and why I know you’ll love our swimming lessons held in many locations including; Beconsfield,High Wycombe, Maidenhead, Slough and Windsor.
I’ve always had a passion for fitness and when my first son Rohan was born in 2006, I couldn’t wait to get him swimming! Having spent nine months in the womb, I couldn’t think of a more natural environment for him, and I also felt very strongly about him learning water safety skills from a young age. I joined some local baby swimming lessons when he was nearly three months old and we both loved the classes; he was so happy and content in the water and I was amazed at how quickly he progressed.
Whilst pregnant with my second son, Jed, I decided I wanted something more flexible than the corporate job I had been doing for 13 years. So I re-trained as a swimming teacher and have never looked back! I love teaching babies and toddlers to swim; there is nothing more rewarding than seeing a little one progress in the water.
When the opportunity arose to run my own Turtle Tots business I jumped at the opportunity to combine my passion for baby swimming with my business experience. I have a small team of teachers, and we all love our jobs!
The Turtle Tots programme of swimming classes begins with aqua-natal yoga for mums-to-be, and continues once your baby is born with specialist and progressive swimming classes for babies and toddlers. The classes have also been written in conjunction with experienced personal trainers to promote fitness through pre-natal and post-natal pregnancy exercises. Every movement can be adapted to suit individual ability levels and the classes provide an excellent toning work out for mums and mums-to-be. Of course all of our swimming classes for babies and toddlers are open to dads as well, who also love to come along, as they are so fun and enjoyable!
All Turtle Tots teachers are trained to the highest standard possible with the ASA or STA and they all have lifeguard qualifications or their poolside helper NaRS (SAT) qualification. On top of this all our teachers have completed rigorous Turtle Tots training, and are all passionate about teaching swimming and fitness to expectant mums, babies and toddlers!
Our baby swimming classes are held in warm water pools and you can join at anytime during your pregnancy, or after you’ve had your baby. Our swimming classes for babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers continue until your little one starts school.
WERE UNIQUE BECAUSE….
- Almost all our licensees are parents themselves, and know the trials and tribulations of life with a baby or toddler!
- Our aqua-natal yoga classes are unique and offer a gentle and effective way of exercising in the supportive environment of warm water whilst pregnant.
- Not only are our baby and toddler classes fun and fabulous – they help you keep fit too! Our programme is endorsed by Professor Greg Whyte OBE, Olympian and Sports Scientist. Greg sits on the board of Sport Relief and Comic Relief and he’s the one that trains the celebrities for their challenges.
- We like to give something back; and every licensee supports a charity.
- We work closely with the STA (Swimming Teachers’ Association) and all our licensees and teachers are as qualified as they possibly can be. They also complete rigorous world class Turtle Tots training and spend hours in the pool teaching assessed practice lessons before they are qualified to teach for Turtle Tots.
Phone: 07436 881137